CHICKEN, CATTLE AND PIG PRODUCTION PROJECT
“WIÑAY MASHIKUNA” GROUP (WOMEN GROWING UP)
PARISH: González Suárez
ORGANIZATION: Wiñay Mashikuna.
This project will be located in the community of Gualacata, in the González Suárez Parish, in the Otavalo canton of the Imbabura province. The community is located 17 km from the Otavalo canton, entering through the González Suarez parish, there is an altitude of 2600 meters above sea level, the average temperature is 14 degrees Celsius.
2.- BENEFICIARIES: 10 Families; 10 women
The "WIÑAY MASHIKUNA" group, currently made up of 10 families, was initially formed with 5 families that came together to carry out small businesses when the pandemic began. They had problems not being able to meet in person due to the pandemic and also due to the fear of catching COVID 19, then they decided to set up an economic fund and start giving credits, with which they have generated a fund of $2,602.45.
This value has been taken into account as seed capital to start the work with the 10 families, with the commitment that the 5 families that enter the group will equalize their quotas for a year and a half to be part of the common fund.
After 2 years of the pandemic, already vaccinated and knowing how to live with this pandemic, the 10 families came together to ask the foundation to support them with a productive project.
Of the 10 women, 9 are married and a single mother, all of them with the decision to undertake productive activities to help in their homes.
Another activity of the women of the organization is to work in flower plantations, in a hostel, in the care of children and in domestic chores.
The husbands work as construction workers, drivers, in agriculture and raising domestic animals.
Among the main crops are: corn, potatoes, beans, vegetables and pastures. Among the animals they have: chickens, pigs, cows and guinea pigs.
The community has the following basic services: electricity, public lighting, sewage, drinking water and cell phone.
FEDICE and the board of directors hold a meeting to publicize the institutional policies and get to know the group of their work ideas and productive projects that they wish to develop
A virtual meeting is held with the FEDICE technician to define their undertakings and have an idea of the contributions of the Foundation and the families.
FEDICE's commitment is to visit the families in their homes with the foundation's technician to carry out a diagnosis and have a clearer vision of the reality where they are going to undertake their productions.
4. PROJECT TYPE: CHICKEN PRODUCTION, CATTLE AND PIG PRODUCTION
5.1. GENERAL OBJECTIVE
Contribute to the Organizational strengthening with the production of chickens and domestic animals, to improve the quality of life of the families of the Wiñay Mashikuna organization.
5.2 SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES:
• Strengthen the organization of women through the implementation of the productive project.
• Establish and technically maintain the production of chickens and animals by taking advantage of the physical and human resources available in the community.
• Improve through training and transfer of appropriate technologies the level of knowledge and skills, in order to reinforce the self-management capacity of the families participating in the project.
6.- DEVELOPMENT OF THE PROJECT
The development of the project will be carried out as follows:
1. We will coordinate the activities with the producing families so that the project has normal compliance.
2. FEDICE will carry out the elaboration, development, installation, follow-up, training and evaluation of the project.
3. The resources provided ($3,000) will be allocated for the 10 families, each beneficiary will receive $300 for the installation of the project.
4. The capital and the contribution for training and follow-up of its members will be recovered every 4 months and create a revolving fund, to give new internal credits. They will pay FEDICE every 4 months their contribution for training and monitoring.
5. The beneficiaries will actively participate in the elaboration and development of the project, they will provide facilities such as: sheds, barns and corrals for the technical breeding of poultry, cattle and pigs.
6. They will actively participate in the different trainings that FEDICE will give, every month, on the third Thursday at 4 in the afternoon.
7. In the same way, the beneficiaries must provide transportation to buy and labor to care for the chickens and animals.
8. The beneficiaries must submit production and reproduction reports.
9. Pay the reimbursable fund at the end of the project
10. Joint evaluation
8. MONITORING AND EVALUATION.
The monitoring of the activities will be carried out through: home visits to see the productions, meetings to analyze difficulties and solve existing problems, recommendations and planning of activities. The 10 families involved in the project will participate. The activities that will be carried out will be compiled through reports, records and photographs, which will be used for analysis in the evaluation.